Hi! My name is Daniel Wedemeijer and I am a professional BMX Freestyle athlete and coach from The Netherlands. I started riding my bike when I was 14 years old. I travel the world with my little bike for big competitions e.g., World Cups & World Championships, shows, clinics and many more. At the Tokyo 2020 Olympics I got a bronze medal as a coach of Nikita Ducarroz. Every day, I aim for the top to become a better athlete and coach. You might know me from Nitro Circus, with the nickname ‘The Flying Dutchman’, or backflipping over the Amsterdam Canal.
At the age of 24 I moved to the South of The Netherlands to ride the best BMX park in Europa, Area51Skatepark in Eindhoven, every day! The former 040BMXPark is rebuild in 2020/2021 and went together with Area51 in 2018 to become the biggest indoor skatepark from the BENELUX.
Since 2018, I am coaching fellow BMX rider Nikita Ducarroz. Nikita is a pro rider with the Swiss nationality and lives in The States. She asked me to become her coach on the journey to the Olympics in 2020 Tokyo (Bronze Medal) and our current journey to the Olympics in 2024 Paris. For that journey, I am living 75% of my time in The Netherlands and the other 25% the United States of America. When being in The States, we are riding most of the time DDASC (Daniel Dhers Action Sport Centre) in Holly Springs (NC).
Besides coaching Nikita, I have other riders following my coaching program. Such as Tom Clemens, Toni Neunkirchen, Mikuláš Řehořík and Joel Ruchti. Besides a lot of riding together I also write their training programs for online coaching.
DATE OF BIRTH: 25TH JANUARY 1990
OTHER SPORTS: SNOWBOARDING, MOUNTAINBIKE, PITBIKING
FAVORITE FOOD: PASTA
FAVORITE TRICKS: FUFANU, FOOTJAM, FLAIR.
WORLD FIRST: FLIPPING OVER AN AMSTERDAM CANAL, 720 TAILWHIP, 360 TO FOOTJAM TAILWHIP
CAR: DODGE RAM